Derby Duds, Mint Juleps and the MOST exciting 2 minutes of the year!
Posted on 08 April 2015
Get your Julep cup and wide brimmed Hat out of the closet – the Most Exciting 2 Minutes in Sports is almost here!
For the prep-set, the beginning of May means warmer weather, opening the summer house, and of course, the Kentucky Derby! One day a year, it is perfectly acceptable to wear loads of seersucker, pastels, and big hats as we all become race horse/jockey aficionados and cheer for the top pick.
Our Race Horse, Mint Julep, & Lucky Horseshoe embroideries will have you styling as you belt out “My Old Kentucky Home” with pride and vigor, even if you have never stepped foot in the state. The kick off to the Triple Crown affords us a day drinking event made for prepsters. We hope Castaway will be a staple of your Derby Day!
Here are our Top 5 Derby Party Must Haves:
- Race Horse embroidered Pants. It goes without saying that we encourage embroidered pants for EVERY themed occasion, but our Seersucker Race Horse Pants take the cake. Also available on our favorite Palm green color.
- Mint Juleps. Bourbon, Mint leaves, Sugar Syrup. Meet us at the bar with your frosted silver cup to indulge in the official cocktail of the Race. Preps never miss an occasion to day drink, especially a signature cocktail!
- Lucky Mint Julep Cocktail Skirts. Ladies! Fashion is king on Derby Day. Out-do your girlfriends with our lucky horseshoe and mint julep embroidered skirt. Make the Run For the Roses your fashion event of the spring!
- Wide Brimmed Hats. Whether you are in the owner’s box at Churchill Downs, or an apartment in Boston, the must-have accessory of the day is a fabulous chapeau – Guys you too! Bright colors, feathers, and of course bows are all welcome.
- Blue Seersucker Blazer w/Martini embroidery. Paired with White or Palm Harbor Pants, you will look the part of a gentrified Louisville native. Although the drink of the day is the Mint Julep, we won’t hold it against you to sneak in a martini!